Job TitleTasting Room Manager Posted: 5/24/2017
LocationChimney Rock Winery
Stag's Leap District
Chimney Rock Winery, located in the heart of Napa Valley's esteemed Stag's Leap District, is seeking a dynamic team member for the role of Tasting Room Manager. Our ideal candidate is a creative leader, able to convey the importance and uniqueness of the winery and understands the building of relationships in running a successful wine business. We seek a sales-driven leader to take our team to the next level, deliver high-end seated tasting experiences and demonstrate the ability to drive business and traffic to the winery.
The Tasting Room Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Chimney Rock Winery Tasting Room, while demonstrating superior customer service and leadership. He/she directly supervises the tasting room staff while carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to plan, execute, and achieve retail sales goals, including sales, operating income, sales per visitor, reservation bookings, wine club acquisition and name capture
- Successful budget management
- Profitability on all retail sales, including but not limited to, tasting room, telephone, special events, etc.
- Ability to supervise Tasting Room employees and additional staff as required.
- Lead and implement business strategies to drive sales.
- Hire, train, schedule & supervise staff
- Provide leadership and coaching to staff on regular basis.
- Manage all departmental financial activities to assure that sales and expenses meet budgetary goals.
- Plan, execute, and achieve retail sales forecasts through tasting room activities and events open to club members and the public.
- Design and promote outreach programs to drive consumer traffic to the winery.
- Manage all aspects of merchandise and inventory.
- Submit reports to accounting and DTC management as required, including daily sales & DTC key metrics, bi-weekly transfers & removals, monthly inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis on business and marketing.
- Minimum 5 years restaurant or retail supervisory experience
- Strong Leadership and team building skills
- Project management skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of generally accepted accounting principals.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, company-paid life insurance and LTD, 401k with company match, winery discounts and the opportunity to work with world-class products.